Tuesday, February 10, 2009

well well well...

I realize I haven't really written on this for a while. All about random blabs hehe. But yeah school really isnt as hectic because I only have 4 courses this winter semester. However, I've become lazier if that's even possible. I have an essay due on Thursday and my midterm for Visual Culture is on Friday... I know midterm already? WTF? ... I have absolutely no idea what that course is about haha. Ye-yeah I'll get around to it eventually.. maybe tonight.. MAYBE.


Oh so I spent the whole day of yesterday watching 1 Litre of Tears. The title is pretty self-explanatory. It did make me cry a lot, probably not a whole litre though. If you guys get the chance, watch it. (via http://aznv.tv) It's about this 15 year old girl who finds out she has spinocerebellar degeneration disease. Yeah at first I said hubba what? It's this disease where the part of your brain called the cerebellum deteriorates. What does it do you ask? It is in charge of your motor skills (ex: walking, talking, distance approximation, etc.)In the end, people who has this falls into a deep sleep and never wakes up again... So the protagonist is Aya and she has it. She kept falling a lot and eventually couldn't walk anymore. The show shows how she dealt with her disease; how she lived her life even with the disease. It's actually based on a true story which makes it sadder. It is a very inspiring story and makes you think about all the things we take for granted, especially life. The simplest human ability of walking is a very important skill. You don't really think about it because you expect to know althroughout your life right? But it's one of those what if it happened to you? I personally wouldn't be as optimistic and happy as she is... Anyway, as I said before, go see it. It is based on a book too if you're more of a reader (like Robert). I'm not quite sure if there's a translated version because I bet you it is in Japanese.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails