Friday, May 14, 2010

FOTD: Pinkish Purple with Yellow-Gold

The weather was absolutely horrid today and has been this entire week. It has made me a bed potato because I hate having to deal with the rain when I'm out to have fun, especially since I take the public transit. As in I would sleep from 4AM to 1:30Pm. Eat. Shower. Laptop/TV until 6pm. Eat. Sleep from 9pm to 2am. Lol that is a complete disastrous schedule isn't it? Anyway, I was bored so I did my makeup with some stuff I reunited with after I cleaned up my makeup drawers. You know when you end up using the same stuff everyday and some good products end up in the very back of your drawer? I'd hate to keep them dusted so here ya go!

To be honest, I had to photoshop this one because I've gotten a few breakouts due to the reason that I am a girl and every girl suffers once a week per month. (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.. lol).

Products used

Face (notice the ridiculous number of products used for my face because I tried using a technique I read from this book. I forget the name, something All About Faces. It says to put cream blushes and cream highlighters first then concealer then foundation. I then set it with the powder and the Booster then put the powder blush and powder highlighter.) :
  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer
  • ELF All over cover stick in Light Beige
  • Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation
  • Maybelline Dream Matte powder in Medium 3-4
  • Rimmel Sun Shimmer Shimmering Maxi Bronzer in Sun Love (contouring)
  • ELF All Over Color Stick in Persimmon (Cream pinkish highlighter)
  • ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance (highlighter on top of above product)
  • ELF Mineral Booster in Sheer
  • MAC Joie de Vivre Cremeblend Blush
  • NARS Orgasm Blush
  • MAC Fix+

Eyes (I forgot to take a picture of the colours I used from the palette but it's basically the darker gold mixed with a yellow):
  • ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
  • Urban Decay in Last Call (pinkish purple on crease. Not photographed because it is still drying. Read previous previous post to know why.)
  • Manly 120 Eyeshadow palette (golden yellow on lid)
  • Rimmel Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow in 002 Smokey Brun (brow highlight)
  • Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel
  • NYC Liquid Eyeliner (HATE this one. Just using it up now... The handle's too long to manoeuvre and the formula flakes. As in I could feel the crackiness once it's dried.)
  • Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara in Black
  • Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in White (waterline)

Lips:
  • NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in 308B Retro Red (I only dabbed it a bit to get a lip stained effect)
  • Annabelle Le Gloss l/g in Icy Ginger
Then a final spritz of Fix+ and voila!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails